This article mainly introduces the application of laser welding technology in sensor manufacturing
Advantages of laser welding
Compared with the traditional arc welding process, laser welding has many advantages:
1. Selective energy application in a small area: reduce thermal stress and reduce heat-affected zone, extremely low distortion.
2. Narrow joints and smooth surface: reduce or even eliminate reprocessing.
3. Combination of high strength and low welding volume: the welded work piece can withstand bending or hydroforming.
4. Easy to integrate: It can be combined with other production operations, such as alignment or bending.
5. Only one side of the seam needs to be approached.
6. High process speed shortens processing time.
7. Especially suitable for automation technology.
8. Good program control: machine tool control and sensor system detect process parameters and ensure quality.
9. The laser beam can produce solder joints without touching the surface of the workpiece or applying force to the workpiece.
Sensor laser welding process
In the current fast-developing Chinese industrial market, the demand for sensors has changed from primitive matching to rigid demand. Especially on May 10 this year, the first batch of key special projects of the "14th Five-Year" national key research and development plan was released, and the "smart sensors" were on the list. The intelligent sensor and system and sensor research and development support platform integratedly run through the intelligent sensor design, manufacturing, packaging test and application demonstration links, and specialize in leading the sustainable large-scale development of the sensor industry.
As a high-precision detection instrument, the sensor is extremely demanding, especially in military, aviation, and aerospace applications. To develop and produce sensors with high accuracy and high stability, a complete and effective manufacturing process is indispensable. Why do you say that?
The main reason is that sensors such as pressure sensors, Hall sensors, photoelectric sensors, temperature sensors, etc., have sensitive components and integrated circuits inside, and are filled with inert gas or vacuumed to isolate them from the outside world. The production process has pressure resistance and air tightness requirements. , It has very high requirements on welding strength, air leakage rate and welding quality, especially during the welding process, which requires small deformation and can not damage the internal components and microcircuits.
Laser welding uses laser as the welding heat source, which has the advantages of high energy density, concentrated heating, fast welding speed and small welding deformation. Since the housings of many sensors currently use stainless steel, titanium alloy, and a small amount of alloy materials and aluminum alloys, laser welding is particularly suitable for use in sensor sealing welding due to its unique advantages.