A laser welding robot is a kind of welding equipment that heats the workpiece surface in a narrow area when focusing the laser beam on the workpiece surface and connects two workpieces by melting the workpiece and slightly solidifying. The robot is equipped with a laser welding head, which can realize high-precision welding in a three-dimensional space environment.
The welding process of a laser welding robot roughly includes the following steps.
1. Preparation work: Conduct pre-treatment such as deburring, polishing, and cleaning on the workpiece, and set welding procedures and parameters.
2. Establish welding position: Use the robot's coordinate system to determine the accurate position of the parts to be welded.
3. Positioning welding head: The robot accurately positions the welding head to the position to be welded according to the set welding program.
4. Welding: The robot focuses a laser beam on the weld seam, heats the surface of the workpiece to melt, and acts on the metal-to-metal connection. During the welding process, robots use lasers to monitor and track the weld seam, to achieve accurate welding.
5. Cooling: The robot stops laser irradiation and cools down to quickly cool the welding area to achieve a stable connection.
6. Complete relevant work: After the welding, the robot removes the welding head and carries out subsequent related work, such as cleaning the welding head and recording welding data.
In a word, laser welding robots can realize high-precision and high-efficiency welding by carrying laser welding joints. The main principle of this equipment is to use a laser beam to heat the weld seam, heat the metal to the melting point temperature in a short time, and achieve welding.