Laser cutting machines have become more and more popular in the sheet metal processing industry because of their high work efficiency, good quality of finished products, and flexible processing. However, when some customers use the laser cutting machine, the cut workpiece has many burrs. Many people think that the quality of the laser cutting machine itself is defective. Is this the case?
In fact, not all. In the process of sheet metal processing, the parameter settings and gas purity of the laser cutting machine will affect the processing quality. Use suitable and qualified gas, deploy the machine, adjust the parameters, and the cut workpiece will not have burrs.
Burrs are actually excessive residue particles on the surface of metal materials. When the laser cutting machine processes the workpiece, the laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece, and the generated energy vaporizes the surface of the workpiece to achieve the purpose of cutting. When cutting, an auxiliary gas is used to quickly blow off the slag on the metal surface, so that the cutting section is smooth and free of burrs. Different auxiliary gases are used to cut different materials. If the gas is not pure, or the pressure is not enough to cause a small flow, it will cause the slag to blow cleanly and form burrs.
Another reason is the setting of equipment parameters, such as the incorrect up and down position of the laser focus.
If the workpiece has burrs, it can be checked from the following aspects:
1. Whether the purity of the cutting gas is not enough, if not enough, replace the high-quality cutting auxiliary gas.
2. Whether the laser focus position is correct, you need to do a focus position test and adjust it according to the offset of the focus.
3. If the output power of the laser is enough, check whether the laser is working normally. If it is normal, observe whether the output value of the laser control button is correct and adjust accordingly.
4. The linear cutting speed of the cutting machine is too slow, and the linear speed needs to be increased during operation.
5. Too long machine running time causes the machine to be unstable, it needs to be shut down and restarted to let the machine rest.