If the laser is a fast knife, then the ultrafast laser is the fast knife in the fast knife. What is an ultrafast laser? Ultrafast laser is a laser with a pulse width of picoseconds (1 picosecond = 10-12 second) or even femtosecond. What is the effect of this level of pulse width?
Let's first understand the relationship between laser processing accuracy and pulse width: In general, the shorter the laser pulse width, the higher the processing accuracy. It can be seen that the ultrafast laser has great advantages in the control of processing time and space: the processing time is extremely short, the active surface is small, and the resulting thermal impact is extremely small. Therefore, ultrafast lasers can provide an epoch-making driving force for many ultra-precision processing applications.
What are the applications of ultrafast lasers in consumer electronics:
1. OLED screen cutting for mobile phones/smart watches
2. Cutting and drilling of mobile phone tempered glass/sapphire plate
3. Cutting of smart watch sapphire cover
4. Cutting of camera flexible circuit board module
5. Cutting of polarizer for large-size LCD screen
6. Cutting of fingerprint recognition module glass/sapphire cover
7. Cutting of fingerprint recognition module chip
8. Cutting of polarizer for OLED screen
9. Repair of LCD and OLED screens
Tempered glass, sapphire, flexible mobile phone screens (foldable screens), chips and other consumer electronic product components, many of which are materials with high hardness, high brittleness or complex structure, and small, and the materials are expensive, and the ultra-fast laser is used for processing. And the yield rate is guaranteed.
From flagship mobile phones, computers, smart watches and other products released in recent years, it can be found that the internal components of electronic products are getting smaller and smaller. Therefore, there is still much room for improvement in the breadth and depth of ultrafast laser applications. It can be expected that ultrafast lasers will become more and more active in the field of consumer electronics.