Laser cutting machine has been widely used in sheet metal processing industry, because it has the advantages of high efficiency, good quality of finished products, flexible processing and so on, it has been more and more favored by sheet metal processing industry. However, when some customers use laser cutting machine, there are many burrs in the workpiece. Many people think that the quality of the laser cutting machine itself has problems. Is this the case?
Not really. In the process of sheet metal processing, the parameter setting and gas purity of the laser cutting machine will affect the processing quality. If proper and qualified gas is used, the machine is well prepared and the parameters are well adjusted, the workpiece cut will not appear burr.
In fact, burr is the residual particles on the surface of metal materials. When the laser cutting machine processes the workpiece, the laser beam irradiates on the workpiece surface, and the energy generated makes the workpiece surface vaporize, so as to achieve the purpose of cutting. When cutting, auxiliary gas will be used to blow off the slag on the metal surface quickly, so that the cutting section is smooth without burr. Different auxiliary gas should be used for cutting different materials. If the gas is impure or the pressure is not enough to cause a small flow, the slag will not be blown clean and burr will be formed.
Another reason is the setting of equipment parameters, such as the up and down position of laser focus is not correct and so on.
If the workpiece has burr, it can be checked from the following aspects:
1. Check whether the purity of cutting gas is not enough. If not, replace the high-quality cutting auxiliary gas.
2. If the laser focus position is correct, it needs to be tested and adjusted according to the offset of the focus.
3. If the output power of the laser is enough, check whether the laser works normally. If it works normally, observe whether the output value of the laser control button is correct and adjust accordingly.
4. The wire cutting speed of the cutter is too slow, which needs to be increased during operation.
5. The running time of the machine tool is too long, which leads to the instability of the machine. It is necessary to shut down and restart the machine to let it rest.
Riselaser is a manufacturer specializing in laser equipments. If you want to get more information about the machine, pls feel free to contact us: Wechat/Whatsapp + 86 13548972249
Contact Person: Mr. Alex Ren